OMG where has this salad been all of my life!?!?!?!? I participated in this 5 day detox group and I have to say when I saw this salad I turned my nose up. I dislike cauliflower...but for real, I hate it and the smell! Don't even get me started. Cabbage also not a favorite of mine.
But..... I tried it anyway for the sake of debloating after that Easter candy situation haha!
Guess what!? I freaking loved this salad so much that I have eaten it 3 days in a row! I do not like to eat the same stuff, this sister needs variety.
This one is a keeper, you could totally chop all this up and keep it in the fridge and eat off of it for a week without it going bad SCORE! Healthy meal prep made easy!
Serves 4 Containers 1 Green 1 orange
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- handful chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup roasted salted almonds chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Place all chopped ingredients into a bowl and set aside
- In a bowl add honey, salt, pepper and lemon juice whisk well
- While whisking slowly drizzle olive oil into mixture until fully combined. Taste dressing and adjust seasoning if needed.
- place 1/4 salad mixture in a bowl top with nuts and seeds, toss with dressing serve immediately
- * I keep this salad in the fridge for a week and whisk up the dressing when I want to have it, takes only a few seconds. Dressing can be made ahead of time but I leave it out of the fridge otherwise it hardens due to the olive oil. I also keep the almonds seperate and add on when I am ready to eat it!